Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: 2022-09-27
The Business Development Manager will
- Lead sales and client-relationship management, track new markets and emerging trends
- Propose and develop new strategic partnerships, writes proposals and plans, and guide long-term objectives to meet business needs and requirements.
- As a business development manager, you’ll be concerned with improving and growing the business by fostering and developing relationships with customers, and other partners.
- The right candidate will work to improve profitability through careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or to enhance the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way.
- Development of a robust and effective business development and sales strategy.
- Identify and cultivate asset financing opportunities within the corporate and retail sectors.
- Establish/originate, evaluate/develop, qualify and maintain asset financing and opportunities
Bachelor’s degree is a minimum, Higher degrees and professional certifications are added advantages.
Key Skills, knowledge and attributes
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Minimum of 10 years’ work experience.
- Ensure a Balanced Scorecard perspective of metrics and ratios of financial, customer, internal process
- Adhere to organizational procedures and policies
- Develop and apply full knowledge of application information required, screening processes and policies
- Ensure efficient and timely processing of all required administrative forms, reports and related information.
- Ensure the creation, development, and maintenance of a comprehensive database of external contacts and clients.
- Knowledge of current market conditions; competitor and market analyses, monitoring and reporting.
- Coordinate customer interaction and interface with all parties involved on each transaction that is originated from application to closing including, but not limited to:
- Counselling and pre-qualifying potential application, taking complete and accurate application; obtaining all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and equity contributions and lock-in information; overseeing the process by monitoring approval status and ensuring conformity with terms; assisting in collecting additional documents and promptly communicate approval status to parties.
- Maintaining a blotter or schedule of all disbursements, pending, maturities, and defaults.
- Maintain a professional image and standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Submit a weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, and periodic summary of achievements, closures, meetings/presentations to the management
- The ability to sell products and services
- Knowledge of English language
- The ability to use your initiative
- Leadership skills
- Customer service skills
- Business management skills
- Ambition and a desire to succeed
- To be able to use a computer and the main software packages confidently
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- Excellent telephone manners for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Good IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- A professional manner and presentable appearance for meeting customers/clients
- Initiative and good decision-making skills
- Project management skills
- The ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- Great organizational skills
- Good networking skills
- The ability to think strategically
- The ability to analyze sales figures and write reports